Re: [OM] GX7 IBIS

Subject: Re: [OM] GX7 IBIS
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 14:32:04 -0800
On 11/3/2013 7:27 PM, usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Just tried all the above options at Hunt Photo show.  GX7 ergonomics
> were quite good and easier to navigate--that is a temporary advantage
> though. EFC option is compelling.

Reviewers seem to say the entire shutter cycle is electronic. Others just
mention it; Reichman talks about the total
lack of shutter mechanical wear in time lapse photography.

> EP-5 shutter shock is substantial

I don't imagine it's worse than in the lighter PL and PM bodies.

> and anti shock mode does work but
> would want to see if 1/8 sec is adequate for most uses before swinging
> for that with the EVF.

Well, yes and no. My recently posted flutterby and hummingbird shots were taken
with delay on. OTOH, I do have some nice
shots of foliage, empty skies, etc. where the fast moving subject left the
frame. How many of those shots might have
been good without the delay, I don't know. Nailing focus and avoiding motion
blur would still be difficult for many
shots/subjects.

So, for most work, it's no problem at all. For fast moving critters, it's still
possible to get great shots, but no
delay would be quite nice. ;-)

Quiet Shutter Moose