[OM] GX7 IBIS

Subject: [OM] GX7 IBIS
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 19:50:32 -0500 (EST)
QSM writes:
>>Reviewers seem to say the entire shutter cycle is electronic. Others
just
>>mention it; Reichman talks about the total
>>lack of shutter mechanical wear in time lapse photography.

I read that too. Intervalometer is well designed, and EFC should use
less power? and less wear but no wear? No other mention
of global shutter under any conditions in any other write up, so I
wrote that comment off as inexplicable.

> EP-5 shutter shock is substantial

>>>I don't imagine it's worse than in the lighter PL and PM bodies.

Just unsubstantiated chatter I ran across that it is worse--certainly
much worse than OM D or EM-1.  Was enough to make me worry unless
refuted.
  It was also diconcerting to see that DPR missed the boat on why many
images were soft--they did correct the review with anti-shock mode
included but was an egregious initial oversight, IMO.

Sooo was hoping for excellent IS, good wifi, EFC, and don't want to
pick two out of three and that seems to be the case.  No bad choices
really, but no
one that is just right either.   Appreciate your comments.

Want cake and eat it too, but may have to choose soon,  Mike