[OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 44: Denmark

Subject: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 44: Denmark
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 20:18:36 -0500 (EST)
Nice series Nathan. I thought you were about due for your annual trip.
The golabki look just like prakas my grandmother made.

When in Copenhagen over 7 years ago (on way to present at a meeting in
Göteborg)  Marnie and I came across a small building with a few
artifacts and explanations of how the Danes ferried the Jews across to
Sweden. They did have inside knowledge of the patrol schedules
apparently. I have read Niels Bohr had intervened with Sweden to be
sure they were welcome. (His mother was Jewish though he was baptized
Lutheran, not that that meant much to the Nazis) I could not find any
info on that small building online and don't know if it is still there.
The water was close by. I have read the Danes often kept there Jewish
neighbors houses ship shape until they were able to return--
dramatically different than almost anywhere else.

http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10005209

Mike