Re: [OM] Greetings from the 19th Century

Subject: Re: [OM] Greetings from the 19th Century
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 15:00:36 -0500
My folks moved the family from Michigan to Baldwin Park, CA in 1958 and
then to Burbank in the mid-60s.  My father sang the same earthquake
tune... until the Northridge earthquake hit in January 1994.  That was a
mag. 6.7 with epicenter 5 miles from their house.  Damage to the house
was relatively minor but it literally threw them both out of bed.  They
slept in the car the rest of the night afraid to go back in.  I never
thought they would leave California but they sold the house and moved to
Henderson, NV (Las Vegas suburb) the next year.

I shouldn't talk.  We did hurricane Andrew in Florida in 1992 and we're
likely to move to coastal South Carolina next year and back into
hurricane territory... earthquake too but, so Charlie says, pretty rare.
  Hurricanes are at least kind enough to give you a warning. :-)

Chuck Norcutt