[OM] Big Foot spotted!

Subject: [OM] Big Foot spotted!
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 22:09:37 -0500 (EST)
Macro Moose writes:

>Fortunately, I have my 120 mm eq. 60/2.8 Macro to keep me company.
It's price
>and construction may seem plebeian, but
>the performance is aristocratic. ;-)

Oly certainly does know how to design nice macro lenses.  The 60/2.8 is
beautifully designed and no argument as to the image quality.  It
doesn't quite
have the equivalent working distance though at the same mag as a
120-125mm on FF as Chuck pointed out.  A new Big Foot from Stephen Gandy
for awhile sold just at a 25% premium to the new price for the MFT
60mm---so not really so different.  He raised the price as his stock
dwindled to another 25% higher.  I fortunately
was able to snare a hideout copy from a Tokyo store before they became
cult items at a reasonable price. Given how much I have enjoyed using
it,  (it is great for focus stacking too with its "long throw") I would
consider going after the posted one myself--best price I've seen.  As
you may recall a Cosina Voigtländer  dealer in Singapore that I had
e-mailed
had seen one in OM mount in a store in Tokyo.  A tech at CV in Tokyo
was amazingly kind and went out on his lunch hour to get it and I
purchased it via the usual
channels through Camera Quest.  Stephen Gandy was suitably surprised
how that whole thing transpired. Rarity as well its nice rendering has
inflated the price---Nykon
mount versions have gone for north of 3.5K.  They will not likely
market an SLII version like the 90mm as it would directly compete with
the Zeiss 100 MP.
Big Foot's longer but smaller brother 180/4 is no slouch either and is
quite compact.  One of my faves.

Set your traps carefully for the wily Big Foot, Mike