[OM] Interesting auction with tilt-shift adaptor

Subject: [OM] Interesting auction with tilt-shift adaptor
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 19:53:44 -0500 (EST)
Reporter Moose is correct on all accounts.

Dr. Markus Michelberger and his engineers are great engineers and
dealing with them a pleasure. I had cajoled them into thinking about
modifying one to fit OM for months and they e-mailed me out of the blue
that they cracked the problem of having space for a bayonet
catch/release
by placing it internally. I had warned them about the screw head
placement possibly damaging a 4T and they sent me a lifetime supply of
specially designed silicone spacer gizmos to protect the screwhead
areas--works fine and the half dozen they sent may last about 30 years.
They did not think to include the aperture coupling pin and offered a
full refund or just send it back to them for a look-see. I told them
Herr Hermanson had adroitly
taken care of the issue and I would not send it back under any
circumstances. I do have a very thin Mamiya lens to OM lens adapter to
put Zuiko
135 /4 macro that has a large image circle--it doesn't focus to
infinity on the Mirex T-S but can be tilted/shifted fine. There was an
OM T-S bellows designed that the Z. 135 was meant for as well, but it
never made to production though I have a T2 mount T-S bellows with OM
adapters. One can rotate the plane of tilt at fixed 22.5 deg intervals
with the Mirex, IIRC but only shift at 90deg from the tilt--some Canyon
t-s lenses enable to shift in same plane if desired to reframe from the
tilt, but  vignetting can occur at the extremes.

The T2 mount version of the usual Mirex is only for Hassey lenses as I
understand it. They do have MFT Mirex adapter that is not on there site
and I think it comes in front Canyon mount for one  (manual aperture
control only right now--mount on Canyon, change aperture, press dof
preview and dismount, voilà) There can be interferences with some MFT
cam bodies with some custom work-arounds, but best to email
Mirex--english is quite good. I wonder if they could swing aperture
control ala Bo Ming, Metabones on their own or by collaboration.
That be said it is diffiuclt to be sure what is going on even with the
I-max VF on OM when stopped down and if tilting for a landscape I've
learned just to rely on tables.  It is a tricky iterative process that
I have yet to master and I can see how it is better as the format and
view get larger.  One can use the OM Mirex on Canyon digital  as well
as Moose says.

http://www.olyendomike.com/Other/Compact-Tilt-Shift-for-OM/13443651_rmzKH2#!i=978506515&k=bGxCLFL

http://www.blog.floriansphotos.com/2013/03/tilt-shift-adventure.html

Digging out of from the 3rd half of the day, Tilted Mike