Re: [OM] IMG: From a Trip to My Independent Volvo Mechanic

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: From a Trip to My Independent Volvo Mechanic
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 02:41:22 +1300
Bob W wrote
>&>
>&> Oh, I think the meaning comes through just fine. Some of the cousins, if
>&> avoiding the specific expletive, i.e., bullshit, might use the gentler
>&> term bullpuckey. But I like bulldust. Note to self: Incorporate into
>&> personal lexicon. <g>&>
>&>
>&> --Bob Whitmire
>&> Certified Neanderthal
>&>
>&> On Nov 12, 2013, at 1:16 AM, Andrew Fildes wrote:
>&>
>&> No, I usually lower the window if I'm going to emanate.
>&> And..do the cousins understand the term 'bulldust' I wonder?

These days I never hear the expression "bull-shit" at all.
But many years ago, in order to get the message across in the presence of
impressionable
children, the expression "heifer-dust" would be used, and the substitution was
completely
understood.

Children in those days were not supposed to learn the word "shit" as it was
considered too
rude for polite company.

Brian Swale

---