Re: [OM] Carrie Underwood

Subject: Re: [OM] Carrie Underwood
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 09:44:49 -0800
> Older, legacy content, which is 4:3, MUST display with black bars,
> otherwise you get the dreaded stretching. You do have the option to
> display it in full width, but that crops the top and bottom off the
> image area. UGLY, with a capital G.
Our old CRT (but still still holding its own against new flat screens)
has about 1/2 dozen options for fitting content to panel.

> We don't watch much TV in our house as we're far beyond the fringe
> from the coverage of the towers and we're not going to subscribe to
> pay-TV. We generally stream off the web just the shows we want to
> watch or buy the DVDs.
Yeah, since Canada went digital our choice is spanish language, SE
Asian, PBS (3), oldies and music videos. Antennae is stuck facing North
until I get the neighbor's lift over to fix it. Our entertainment comes
from Netflix via mail. The rusty wire is just on the cusp of ability to
stream. Just above dial-up speeds now until the new fiber is down.

Mike