Re: [OM] OM-D E-M1

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-D E-M1
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 09:20:24 -0500
See the PhotoShop performance suggestions here:
<http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-performance-photoshop-cs4-cs5.html>

PhotoShop *only* uses its own disk cache if it's forced to by lack of
real memory.  For 64 bit systems it states that it will use all RAM that
you allow it to.

I just got a bit of a surprise.  I've never looked at my own performance
settings for a very long time... since before I changed to 64 bit and
CS6.  I was surprised to find that the disk cache settings do not find
my "F" drive.  It only finds C and D. D is simply a small maintenance
partition on the boot drive not suitable for anything else. F would be a
better place than the C drive and it's very strange that F is not even
visible.

I also just learned that PhotoShop has an "efficiency indicator" (bottom
of the image window).  When it reads 100% it means that PhotoShop is
operating entirely within real memory and not using its own cache disk.
<http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-performance-photoshop-cs4-cs5.html#main_Keep_an_eye_on_the_Efficiency_indicator>

Chuck Norcutt