Re: [OM] OT: Call for Technies Mac users's help - monitor calibration us

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Call for Technies Mac users's help - monitor calibration using i1 display pro
From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 00:25:43 +0100
Thanks Chuck

I'll follow your advice.

Well, I have 3 macs for convenience and out of necessity - one at
Alice's place, the other 2 in my home here; an ageing one I love with
a large screen, and a second -read spare smaller one bought just in
case- I finally unboxed because the X-E1 required at least LR4, which
I had. and won't run on the older, larger Mac running an older OS ....
Hence my need for adjustments and calibration of sorts ...
Call this simple ...

Thanks again
Ph

Le 17 nov. 13 à 23:54, Chuck Norcutt a écrit :

> I don't have an iMac or that particular calibration product but I do
> have an X-Write calibration product for PCs called EZcolor Suite.
> It's
> very easy to use.  You have a calibration "puck" which hangs down over
> the screen and reads the color patches the software creates.  It's
> just
> a matter of installing the software, starting it up, plugging the puck
> into a USB port and following directions.
>
> But a warning:  When I bought this product I was still using a CRT.  I
> tried to use it on my big 23" flatscreen but I don't think the product
> is capable of doing much in the way of adjustment on the
> flatscreen.  I
> must confess that I don't know if that's a characteristic of the
> flatscreen technology vs CRT (there aren't any color guns to be
> adjusted) or if it's a limitation of older software (circa 2006)
> working
> on new hardware.  Anyhow, my screen changed very little but I didn't
> really think it needed adjustment in the first place.  Check the
> documentation specificially for commentary relative to function
> provided
> on flatscreen devices.
>
> As to comparing three iMacs I can only repeat the old saying:
> Confucius
> says a man with two clocks never knows what time it is. :-)
>
> Chuck Norcutt

to the eye. Antoine de Saint Exupéry in Le Petit Prince.
NO ARCHIVE