Re: [OM] Deer and Zuikohaulers

Subject: Re: [OM] Deer and Zuikohaulers
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 07:46:14 -0500
Raising?> OMG! My wife and I used to stare in amazement at our GPS, which
displays speed limits, and told us the limit on unmarked single-tracks in
Scotland was 60. I didn't even see any locals doing 60. Well, I take that back.
Those little red Royal Mail trucks . . . If I saw one of them in the rear view,
I was looking to pull over--fast. <g> (I realize the GPS probably assumed as
there was no posted speed, the national limit applied, and maybe that's
technically true, but very few drivers ever got close to 60 on those roads.
Would have been insanity. Even for Brits. <wink?

Noticed the lane discipline thing right away. Had heard of it while reading
motorcycle books. I think it works just fine, and would love it to be adopted
over here. Theoretically, and legally, it already has been, but there's no
enforcement. And passing on the right at stop lights, and behind cars turning
left is an epidemic. Even the cops do it.

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal