Re: [OM] OT: McCulloch blower repair

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: McCulloch blower repair
From: Jez Cunningham <jez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 18:45:25 +0000
Found on a Honda forum:

The April/May 2007 edition of Machinist's Workshop did a test of
penetrating oils where they measured the force required to loosen rusty
test devices. Buy the issue if you want to see how they did the test. The
results reported were interesting. The lower the number of pounds the
better. Mighty interesting results for simple acetone and tranny fluid!

"Penetrating oil . Average load .. Price per fluid ounce
None ................. 516 pounds .
WD-40 .............. 238 pounds .. $0.25
PB Blaster ......... 214 pounds .. $0.35
Liquid Wrench ... 127 pounds .. $0.21
Kano Kroil ........ 106 pounds .. $0.75
ATF-Acetone mix.. 53 pounds .. $0.10

The ATF-Acetone mix was a 50/50 mix (1 to 1 ratio)."