Re: [OM] OT: Call for Technies Mac users's help - monitor, calibration u

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Call for Technies Mac users's help - monitor, calibration using i1 display pro
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 11:19:43 -0800
Can't help with a Mac. I thought the OS knows what's best and set it up
automatically ;)

Anyway, I have an older model Monaco i1pro. It was more important when I
had a crt but still a necessity IMHO. Especially if you have more than
one display. Use the monitor adjustments first then the software sets up
a profile for use by the video card. I have an HP ZR2440w and hardly
ever have to re-profile. One useful function is to map the the changes
as the display ages. Here is a table of suggested settings for
individual monitors. Gives a good starting point. e.g. my monitor is
much, much too bright out of the box. Dialed it back to 30% before
profiling as per above page and it's perfect.

<http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/icc_profiles.htm>

Mike