Re: [OM] IMG: From a Trip to My Independent Volvo Mechanic

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: From a Trip to My Independent Volvo Mechanic
From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 16:40:29 +0000 (GMT)
;-)>........  Did you go with a big engined auto box X5?
 All the best with BMW electronics. I am getting really fed up with electrical
issues on my Z4. Car recently reverted to a 1door version..central locking
refused to release, deadlocking passenger door. drivers side could be opened
with the key BUT no keyhole on passengers side. my wife was not happy about
climbing over the gearbox to get into the passengers side!! The fault was
traced to the central locking module. BMW ,in their wisdom, solder the central
locking relays to a double sided circuit board behind the glovebox. Why on
earth they do not use sockets is beyond me! New circuit board £350 plus
re-setting central locking plus labour equals a lot of money. Local firm
carefully destroyed relays and removed pins individually before  re-soldering
in new relays...Cost £50.00

Regards
John Duggan,
Wales, UK