Re: [OM] [Leica] IMG: From a Trip to My Independent Volvo Mechanic

Subject: Re: [OM] [Leica] IMG: From a Trip to My Independent Volvo Mechanic
From: "piers@xxxxxxxx" <piers.hemy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 17:16:18 +0000
Sympathies, John. Tried to start my Renault the other day - central
locking sounded oddly wheezy, and then card in the slot, press the
button, nothing, dead. Opened bonnet to get a jump start, success!
Well, sort of, as the central locking sounded much better ... as it
locked the car while the card was still in the slot INSIDE the car.
Fortunately it was at the house, and I have a second card. Phew.

Piers

On 11/20/13, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> ;-)>........  Did you go with a big engined auto box X5?
>
> Unless another alternative pops up in the next 48 hours, we're
> replacing the 2004 3.0L with a 2004 4.4L.
>
> The only thing that REALLY bugs me is that it's another green vehicle.
> Don't ask me how this has happened, but we've gone from red vehicles
> to green vehicles. Not by design, it's just happened. Green? Well, at
> least it isn't Brown.
>
> The only real flaw in the one we're looking at is that a previous
> owner wore a bunch of rings on the left hand and the interior door
> handle is nicked to death.
>
> Otherwise, its pretty much ready to rumble.
>

> --
> Ken Norton
> ken@xxxxxxxxxxx
> http://www.zone-10.com