Re: [OM] Car door locks, was: From a Trip to My Independent Volvo Mechan

Subject: Re: [OM] Car door locks, was: From a Trip to My Independent Volvo Mechanic
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 18:25:54 -0500
Both of my Chryslers will lock all doors with one or more doors open via
a simple push of a button on either the driver's or front passenger's
doors.  But the locking is instantaneous.  If you should hit it
accidentally (difficult) you know you did it.  The 2007 Buick Lucerne
has a time delay built in with a couple beeps of the horn preceding the
locking.  Since the doors don't  lock instantly you can be 5 feet away
from the car before you're aware you did it.  By that time it's too late
to get back.

Chuck Norcutt