Re: [OM] (OM) Roses - just because I can

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Roses - just because I can
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 00:55:37 +1300
Jez asked   ..

>*> Brian - as list rose expert, I'd appreciate your C&C on these two:
>*> http://www.zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=9453
>*> http://www.zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=9450
>*> Thanks
>*> Jez

My very quick impression of 9453 is that it might be Anna Pavlova

The other is possibly Double Delight

To get closer to the truth I need the petal counts of several flowers (ie pull
several flowers to
bits and count the petals). Of course, since the beauty of roses is in the
beholding while they
are in the garden, I would do this just prior to the flowers falling to bits,
which they do.

Also, i would need an assessment of whether they have pleasant / strong scent;
(this is
indicative only, as any one variety can be different from place to place, and
even on the one
plant over the course of a day and the flowering year.

I have saved your images in a special folder devoted only to your plants, so if
you care to
send me more at intervals, that would help get an idea of the range of how they
look during
their development.

Photos of the buds at various stages are also very useful; one of your photos
already has
some :-)

If you go to
http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/plants.php
and enter names into the search box, you can get pics. Refresh the screen using
the refresh
button in the menu line to get more randomly chosen images of the variety in
question.

Hope that helps.  I have an on-going quest for ID of several varieties which
puzzle me.
I'll post pics some time - but not tonight.

Cheers

Brian Swale

---
is active.