Re: [OM] Car door locks, was: From a Trip to My Independent Volvo

Subject: Re: [OM] Car door locks, was: From a Trip to My Independent Volvo
From: Ralf Loi <ralf_loi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 15:20:01 +0100
Chuck wrote
>*>   As she gets out she accidentally bumps the lock-all-doors button.
>*> Mysteriously to us at the time, the car suddenly beeps the horn a few
>*> times and then we hear: click, click, click, click as all four doors
lock.
>*>  My keys are in the ignition, her keys are in her purse on the floor
by
>*> the passenger's seat.

A car that permits to lock the doors in that way has been designed by a
stupid.
My very simple car (Fiat) doesn't permit to lock the doors if at least one
door is open. If you are inside there is a button, if you are outside the
only way to lock the doors is with the key.
I can think of a situation where you'll be locked out, but this involves
leaving a small kid inside free to move ...

Ralf