Re: [OM] Car door locks, was: From a Trip to My Independent Volvo

Subject: Re: [OM] Car door locks, was: From a Trip to My Independent Volvo
From: Rick Beckrich <rbeckrich@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 11:32:16 -0500
Put me in the "Me-too" category when it comes to locking myself out... so
much so that I always have a spare key in my wallet.
That didn't help me when my old ('95) Corolla suddenly decided to the
drivers door - solidly!

 I mean, you cannot open it from inside or outside. No problem, I
thought... I'll just slide across from the passenger's side.

 Well, that worked to get me home; but when I shut off the ignition and
crawled out, I discovered the running lights were still on.
The auto-on running lights are connected to the courtesy light switch and
are wired to turn off as the door opens...
and I can't get the damn door open.

 No problem, right? Just remove the door trim and see what is blocking the
door latch, but you can't do that
 without having the DAMN DOOR OPEN!

Short term solution - Park it out of the way, disconnect the battery and
drive the pick-up truck.

Grrrrr.