Re: [OM] Adobe LR/PS photographer package

Subject: Re: [OM] Adobe LR/PS photographer package
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 10:12:27 -0700
> I think Facebook already has the reputation of being totally irresponsible
> with our data, consequently we wouldn't give them the time of day.

I participate in a group where privacy is paramount. Like seriously
private. Not secret handshake stuff, but might as well be. Leakage of
information would be detrimental to people. We're extremely
protective. Well, the group decided to make use of Facebook's new
"private group" function intended for these types of organizations.
Needless to say, I went into low-earth orbit over that one. My
recommendation was to essentially violate the rules by setting up a
second account specifically for it, but made it clear that there was
absolutely no way that I'd be a part of it.

BTW, facebook DOES scan and flag EVERYTHING, regardless of public,
private or message. A couple of you know why I know--something not
suitable for public consumption. But, suffice to say, that every
single word is catalogged and every single message can have the
privacy flag changed by FB at any time. Oh, and nothing gets deleted
either. Delete only triggers a flag, but the delete never actually
occurs. For some content, they do have an age-out function, but mostly
the stuff just sticks.

AG