Re: [OM] IMGS: Duomo Dome

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: Duomo Dome
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgonzalezgentile@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 01:54:57 -0200
What an amazing thread ...

Just a few weeks ago, I dared to scan an Ektachrome 100 I had shot,
handheld, back in August 1991.

I uploaded the original size .jpg in sRGB to Flickr, on October 30 2013:

<http://tinyurl.com/n65sd7z>

This one links to a more comfortable resize to 1080 pixel high:

<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=9631>

The golden hue is much more enhanced both by the daylight film and by
the yellow artificial lighting, which you may care to spot rather
easily in the original size scan.
It took me some years of learning before I faced the challenge to scan
this slide, and carefully match colors.
Then, I felt more confident - and scanned two more views of Firenze.
All these during a week in October 2013 ...

One of them, I had previously attempted to scan long ago - but both my
knowledge and software were lacking - and I couldn't locate where had
I spotted that view, until Piers help arrived.
I remember I started a thread named 'Lost in Firenze'; recently, I
located the exact coordinates - and corrected quite a bit of blur and
other details the original caption suffered from, making use of
everything I had grasped from Mosse at the List.
I will post a link to Statua equestre di Ferdinando Iº de Medici in
Piazza Santissima Annunziata, Firenze. Via Dei Servi, Duomo de Santa
Maria del Fiore e Cupula de Brineleschi, desde Basilica della
Santissima Annunziata.; later and better in another thread, so as not
to drift out of the Battistero.
While scanning these three [actually, four - I remember we discussed
long if such a cloud over David looked like a real cloud or not, and
Moose strongly argued it didn't, so I started over ... but that's
History now :) ] views of Firenze, I felt an urgent call  to come back
there  ... if you don't want to wait until another thread on Firenze
starts, I already uploaded those other two recent scans to Tope 2, at
1080 high.

____________*_____________

I wrote down the following info ... just in case we're not talking
about the same Dome:

Battistero di San Giovanni (Firenze)

« Non mi parean [i fori] men ampi né maggiori
che que' che son nel mio bel San Giovanni,
fatti per loco de' battezzatori »
(Dante Alighieri - Divina Commedia, Inferno, XIX canto, versi 16-18)

handheld Olympus OM 2n on Auto mode, Zuiko 28mm ƒ/2,8 @ ƒ/5,6, +⅓
exposure compensation - (hyperfocal).
Film: Kodak Ektachrome 100

C & C welcome.

Hope I managed to paste those 2 links right, shall check them out
immediately and if wrong I'll post then again.

Best,

Fernando.