Re: [OM] IMGS: Duomo Dome

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: Duomo Dome
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgonzalezgentile@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 10:42:45 -0200
Then, I was lucky to have visited the Baptistery during 1991.
The Uffuci wasn't open to the public, unless you had bought expensive
tickets at least one day in advance ...

But the copy of the Porta del Paradiso, done by Lorenzo Ghiberti was
rather ignored - I shot this one, one shot only - almost at noon,
during August 1999.
I can still feel the heat of a brightly sunny Italian summer ...

Porta del Paradiso - porta est del Battistero di Firenze davanti al
Duomo di Santa Maria del Fiore.
Realizzata dall'orefice e scultore Lorenzo Ghiberti tra il 1425 e il
1452 \\ 43°46′23.05″N 11°15′18.84″E

************
handheld Olympus OM 2n on Auto mode, Zuiko 28mm ƒ/2,8 @ ƒ/8
Film: Kodak Ektachrome 100

original size: <http://tinyurl.com/qz3c8p8>

1080 resize: <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=9637>

FMagic was of great help here ... good that the sunlight was making
for a bright and contrasty photograph, I was melting among the passing
tourists. Some of them making their own photographs
... inside the Battistero di San Giovanni, it was much more
comfortable, I remember now that I even had an horizontal and low
fence where I was able to put my hands and OM 2n so as to get a better
composition, without being disturbed by the passing crowd.

These 'golden' shots were quite a challenge for the (then) new Ektachrome 100.
Let alone for me myself (I was 31 then :) )

C & C welcome.

Best,

Fernando.