Re: [OM] Another Visit to Round Pond

Subject: Re: [OM] Another Visit to Round Pond
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 10:50:22 -0800
On 11/25/2013 9:56 PM, Chris Barker wrote:
> Thanks for your advice, Moose; September is when we normally take our Summer
> holidays.
>
> This year is going to be a bit up in the air, with my changing jobs/retiring
> from the RAF.  I'm thinking of striking out and doing something completely
> different, perhaps in coaching and mentoring; but Julia needs a bit more
> reassurance that I'm not being merely fanciful.

Fanciful is bad???

> So, perhaps in 2015 . . .

With a little planning, a Zuikofest might be possible. Bob's there, Mike not
far away, and I'm usually about from
sometime around mid Sept. for a month. Certainly no shortage of photogenic
spots. :-)

> I was probably being a bit fussy; I can take twee if there's a good mix of
> rugged and real in the landscape :-)

Lots and lots of real. The coastline is beautifully rugged. With all the
granite 'fingers' reaching out into the
Atlantic, there's certainly a lot of it.

They like to think their interior is rugged. Lots and lots of trees, ponds,
lakes and so on. But (like Scotland?) the
mountains are old, worn down and rather small, compared to the US West. Most of
rugged there is to do with weather, more
than terrain.

Beautiful country. I count myself very fortunate to be able to visit yearly. My
own home territory also has lots of
real; beautiful, rugged coastline and parts are remote and rugged beyond what
you might imagine. Amazing variety. But
very different. I love both.

Travelin' Moose