Re: [OM] Pedant pressie

Subject: Re: [OM] Pedant pressie
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 21:06:22 -0800
On 11/26/2013 1:37 PM, Andrew Fildes wrote:
> I'd have said tea mug but murk ins don't 'get' tea.

Do you allow the possibility that someone could 'get' tea (or any culturally
important food, beverage, artifact,
activity ... ) and simply not like it?

Good quality, properly brewed tea is not unappetizing to me. But, for whatever
reason, not appealing enough to be worth
the extra cost, trouble, whatever, when plain water is available. Well, no,
that's disingenuous, I prefer water, but
don't mind a little tea when socially desirable.

I suspect that the many denizens of the US, predominantly its southern regions,
who drink vast quantities of icetea*
would say that you don't 'get' it. Certainly I've been told there must be
something wrong with me for finding it repellent.

There may be more of them than of you followers of the British Tea Tradition.

Water Moose

* That's how it seems to be most often said/pronounced.