Re: [OM] A couple more Memphis shots

Subject: Re: [OM] A couple more Memphis shots
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 12:25:25 -0600
On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 12:19 PM, Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The chapel looks rather smashing, Paul, and you have captured it well, I
> reckon.  I love the lighting and the texture of the wood and slats.
>
> The shot of Billy's Bowling Lanes is nicely duck-egg-blue, so I would not
> change it to monochrome.  I remember watching a bowling competition on US
> TV once, while I was staying in an Officers' Club somewhere, and I could
> not watch for more than a few minutes without suicidal thoughts coming into
> my head.

> > http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=9717
>

> Thanks, Chris.  I may have to play with it some more, since it's really
hard to control the colors.  The box sign to the left is actually supposed
to be white, but is getting a blue hue from the sky which gets worse when I
tried to bump the saturation so the other letters didn't look so
washed-out.  The sun was in absolutely the wrong place, but I didn't have
time to wait for it to move.

I was happy with the chapel shot as well once PMP got done chewing on it.
Not too much distortion, and nicely-balanced lighting.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard