Re: [OM] A couple more Memphis shots

Subject: Re: [OM] A couple more Memphis shots
From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 21:39:09 +0100
If I may intrude again ...

this is not about "if was more like this or a little bit like that"
nor "is it up to the specs or not"

I don't pay a damn about these questions.
I think photography is about what you want people to FEEL when they
view your take, the rest is just immaterial ...

Or does this belong to another thread? ;-)

Amities
Philippe

Le 27 nov. 13 à 21:33, Paul Braun a écrit :

> On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 1:55 PM, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On 11/27/2013 10:25 AM, Paul Braun wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks, Chris. I may have to play with it some more, since it's
>>> really
>>> hard to control the colors. The box sign to the left is actually
>> supposed to be white, but is getting a blue hue from
>>> the sky which gets worse when I tried to bump the saturation so the
>> other letters didn't look so washed-out.
>>
>> The problem is that you aren't using the right tool. I have no idea
>> what
>> the correct colors are, but doubt the facade is
>> magenta. ;-)   This is NOT meant to be a finished product, just to
>> indicate how one may control color in difficult
>> situations. <
>> http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Braun/Billy_Hardwicks.htm>
>>
>> P. S. Moose
>>

> That's closer, Moose.  The sign is too white - it was really a
> dirty, faded
> white, more of a light grayish at this point, but definitely not the
> bluish
> I got.  The facade was a faded magenta or reddish.
>
> I'm going to be trying the PS CC option, so I'll play with it some
> more as
> I learn other tools.  I think I really need to learn layers and
> masking and
> how to flow between LR and PS.
>

> --
>
> Paul Braun
> Certified Music Junkie
>
> "Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan
> Howard
> --

to the eye. Antoine de Saint Exupéry in Le Petit Prince.
NO ARCHIVE