[OM] IMG: Children with Dead Pig

Subject: [OM] IMG: Children with Dead Pig
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 23:02:59 -0500
PESO:

I posted this a couple of years ago and it got no response at all.  I was
staying with a family in Estanzuela and the parents had left early in the
morning to work in the corn fields.  The children were there alone and a
passing truck hit the family pig and killed it.  The kids knew that they
had to process that pig immediately because without refrigeration their
family's meat for the season would spoil.  They lit a fire under a huge pot
and boiled water, scalded the pig, scrapped the skin and had the pig ready
for hanging  by the time their parents got home that evening.  I have
photos of the scalding and scraping but thought the one of the immediate
reaction to the problem was more effective.

http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/143873239

C&C would be greatly appreciated.

TIna

--