Re: [OM] Siddiq's PAD - Jan 1 2014

Subject: Re: [OM] Siddiq's PAD - Jan 1 2014
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 09:54:11 -0600
> Agreed.  But I would focus on music listening as a priority.  I have a
> handful of 5.1 mixes that would really benefit from 5 properly-matched
> full-range speakers in addition to a really musical sub.  Maybe two
> parallel audio systems...

For home-theatre, you need the decoding circuitry that comes native in
most receiver/amplifers these days. (I picked up a second-hand one
from Goodwill for $20). But, since you and I both know our
sound-reinforcement systems, we're probably better off just going with
a standardized pro-audio configuration for anything that is already
channelized.

Which reminds me--I owe you some numbers.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx