Re: [OM] Speaking of motorcycles

Subject: Re: [OM] Speaking of motorcycles
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 14:12:22 -0500
Great bikes, no question. Make absolutely sure--say again, ABSOLUTELY SURE--she
can put both of her feet down FLAT on the ground without straining. Unless, of
course, she's a very experienced rider. All of the new "adventure/touring"
bikes are tall, and top heavy. They take a lot of getting used to. Trust me on
this. And I would still set aside some spare cash to replace turn signals,
brake and clutch levers.

Female rider, Suzuki V-Strom, The ramp wasn't where she thought it was.

She might like something a little more retro that allows comfortable upright
position with a seat low enough to sit flat-footed (both feet) when she stops.
You might also check into the new generation of what used to be called
scooters, but aren't so much anymore. BMW and Suzuki make extremely nice ones.

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal