Re: [OM] Weather

Subject: Re: [OM] Weather
From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 23:22:34 +0000 (GMT)
Chris, I told you it was a first class tripod.
The weather in South Wales has been dreadful for a fortnight, 100 mph winds and
driving rain. Went into our attic this evening to investigate two damp patches
which had appeared on our bedroom ceilings. water streaming down both end walls
where we have chimneys above, and signs of leaks through roofing felt and crest
tiles.
It looks as though roof is shot. Will contact builder tomorrow. I think one of
the chimneys will also need to come down. It is a lump of brickwork projecting
3' above the roofline, 7' wide by 2' deep. It is disused and really gets hit by
the weather. the only problem is that it is a joint chimney shared by our next
door neighbour. It has been repaired before and serves no useful purpose. Any
gas fire flues can be fed through the roof in ducting........Just wish there
were not more severe storms forecast for Fri, Sat, and Sunday.

Regards
John Duggan,
Wales, UK