Re: [OM] Mirrorless doomed?

Subject: Re: [OM] Mirrorless doomed?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 00:08:45 -0800
On 1/2/2014 7:41 PM, DZDub wrote:
> Does it explain why Olympus is keeping the doors open to the E system via
> the E-M1 adapter?  Might there be an E-7 in my future?

Only if you stick that that label on an E-M1. They have announced the end of
development of DSLRs. Oly went to a LOT of
trouble to make the next 4/3 camera in the E-M1. You are the sort of folks they
did it for.

Their next camera could have been just as good in all the ways others buy it
for - for less investment, and at a lower
price, had they not decided not to abandon their loyal 4/3 customers.

> So mirrorless is caviar to the general?  So what!  So is Leica and pretty
> much anything else worth a fig in this life.
>
> I'm also not sure how much to credit an article that says Olympus just gave
> up making DSLRs this past year.  The E-5 came out in, what, 2010?
>
> I think we'd better carry on.

Good luck with that. I've never owned a piece of 4/3 gear. Looked at some, but
never bit. So I'm not in the game. FWIW,
I think the EVFs on the OMDs are better than the little tunnels on the three
digit E-thingies.

Oly Apologist Moose