Re: [OM] OT: I've retired

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: I've retired
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 22:47:52 +1300
JH and Peter wrote;
>&>
>&> Here is a possibility you might like to explore and likewise for Chris B
>&> and Peter K and Bill B.
>&>
>&> http://tinyurl.com/q2mn4v8
>&>
>&> jh
>&>
>&> From: Peter Klein>&>
>&> Olympus friends:  Today is the first day of the rest of my life. As of
>&> today, I have retired from my corporate IT job. I recently hit the sixty
>&> year mark, so I'm a bit younger than the traditional American age. But
>&> given the many changes that have taken place in the workplace in recent
>&> years (he said, politely), it's time. Fortunately, we can do it.

I was forced into retirement in 1995 at he age of 57.
With unemployment then at 15%, nobody wanted an over-educated git.

Fortunately, even then, I had enough put aside through a very good retirement
fund, to raise
my kids and get on with life.

I found it vital, for a person with my mental; makeup, to have lots of
interests and follow them

One example (took 2 years):
http://homepages.caverock.net.nz/~bj/fern/index.htm
http://homepages.caverock.net.nz/~bj/fern/list.htm
This was a world first, in terms of completeness and ease of access.

While it is important to keep fit, in my  opinion running a marathon every day
for a year is
rather pointless.
However, whatever turns your crank is OK for you.
Just give your full attention to whatever you do..

Brian Swale.   Seen on a gravestone today ...
For all eternity, there is this period of time we call 'life'.

---
is active.