Re: [OM] OT: I've retired

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: I've retired
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 11:52:30 -0800
On 1/3/2014 7:13 AM, Sandy Harris wrote:
> Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Anyone want to consider retiring somewhere warmer?
> https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Retiring_abroad
>
> It being -27 in Ottawa now, this is much on my mind. There
> really are only two sensible responses -- hibernate or
> migrate.

I talked to a local guy in Montreal some years ago. He had moved to a highrise
condo and worked in a building downtown.
He would take the subway from the basement level of his building to the large
underground area in the city center and
walk a tunnel to work.

He said he might not go outside for a few weeks at a time in winter. Sounded
awful to me, but perhaps better than being
out in such weather. It did explain why the fanciest entrances and sales floors
in the Bay and other major businesses
are below ground.

Interestingly different than Calgary and Edmonton, where all the center of the
city is connected by passageways over the
streets.

Temperate Weather Moose