Re: [OM] IMG: Mockingbird, Then and Now

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Mockingbird, Then and Now
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 13:38:00 -0800
On 1/3/2014 6:06 AM, Bob Whitmire wrote:
> Hum. I'm going to disagree. I think the newer version has a lot more going
> for it than the older shot. There's a continuous tonality that's missing in
> the E-1 shot, and what to my eye is a more faithful rendition of the bird.
> But that's just me.

Nope, you and me both. The overall IQ is much better in the X-E1 image. The old
one isn't bad; the new one is quite nice.

Howsomever, that's mostly due to the difference in camera, as far as can be
told from these images. Conclusions about
lenses from a century apart would require more comparable images taken with
both on the X-E1. There's obviously a
difference in rendering, but I can't separate it from the sensor system
differences.

Smooth Tones Moose