Re: [OM] My Last Photo of 2013 - Group Project?

Subject: Re: [OM] My Last Photo of 2013 - Group Project?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 16:44:00 -0600
>      I'm too tall to be comfortable with downtubes as I have to lean down to
> reach them, and that moves my centre of gravity.  I generally ride 60cm to
> 64cm frames, and I use either stem shifters or barcons.  Tried a set of
> thumbies on a road bike once, but they came off after one trip around the
> block.  Turned out to be unfeasable for drop handlebars.

My height also makes downtube shifters quite problematic. My ParkPre
road race bike has the STI shifters and I absolutely love them.

I had converted my previous bike from downtube shifters to bar-ends.
Those were fine for shifting, but nasty when my knees made contact
with them.

My Cannondale MTB has the Rapid-Fire shifters which are superior to
the grip shifters because you don't inadvertaintly shift gears when
cranking up a hill. It's equipped with mostly XT stuff with a ton of
custom stuff equivalent to XTR. The tire and wheel selection is very
trick.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx