Re: [OM] Mirrorless doomed?

Subject: Re: [OM] Mirrorless doomed?
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 22:44:14 -0600
On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 2:08 AM, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 1/2/2014 7:41 PM, DZDub wrote:
> > Does it explain why Olympus is keeping the doors open to the E system via
> > the E-M1 adapter?  Might there be an E-7 in my future?
>
> Only if you stick that that label on an E-M1. They have announced the end
> of development of DSLRs. Oly went to a LOT of
> trouble to make the next 4/3 camera in the E-M1. You are the sort of folks
> they did it for.

I understand why you say that, but the point of the article is that
mirrorless is supposedly doomed and DSLRs (at least with C+N markings)
persist.  Does Oly want to die if there are other pickings to be had?
Also, I don't think an EVF is as good as an OVF if you want an OV, and
somebody does because they keep buying those C+N DSLRs.

But that's all devil's advocacy.  I'd like at least to give an E-M1
a whirl.  And I find myself picking up the lighter E-system lenses more and
more, which makes the mFT lenses seem all the more attractive.

Joel W.