Re: [OM] IMG: Small Town Infrastructure - 100% Crop

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Small Town Infrastructure - 100% Crop
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2014 16:15:04 -0800
On 1/4/2014 10:51 AM, Chris Barker wrote:
> I agree that it is useful sometimes, but I am as wary as Jim.
>
> Just in case you didn’t realise, Moose, your iPhone can send (Photo stream)
> your shots automatically without DropBox.  I have not long discovered how
> well implemented is this system now.

Hmmm. I don't believe that applies to dropping them directly, and
automagically, onto the hard disks on my Windoze
machines. Maybe things have changed.

> Finally, my obsession for language forces me (almost literally) to point out
> that “reticent” means quiet rather than reluctant.

Yes, that was a little joke, as my tag lines perhaps too often are. I was
finally, reluctantly, admitting to, no longer
remaining reticent about, my reluctance to upgrade. I am hoping that admitting
it in public may get me moving. :-)   I
just found out that Carol hates it when I replace my desktop, too. Apparently
it affects my mood.

> This obsession might not last too long as a friend has just lent me a book on
> the development of English . . .

My younger son is given to the usage of "Me and ___" as the subject of a
sentence. "Me and Lauren are going to ..."
Yesterday, a 52 year old friend did the same thing. I remarked to her how it
seemed that some usages are changing, as
they always have. She was shocked at what she had done, as she is well aware of
"correct" usage. But I'll bet she does
it again. Who knows, I may be using it in the future, but surely not you! :-)

Me and Chris changed our usage ...
      Moose