Re: [OM] What would you buy?

Subject: Re: [OM] What would you buy?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 14:45:24 -0800
On 1/8/2014 2:30 PM, Sandy Harris wrote:
> ... My first
> choice would likely be Panny GX-7, their only product with
> in-body IS. Reportedly that is not nearly as good as Oly IS,

Reports vary. Some folks testing have found it better than E-M5 at very slow
speeds. One fellow posted fairly credible
results showing it besting the Oly at 400 mm (800 eq.)

It's been a relatively slow season of easy shots for me, so I don't have a
sense of 'best'. The Panny IS has done well
for me on some long tele shots, though. The electronic shutter certainly is the
cat's meow for eliminating shutter
shock. Makes me wonder if there is still some SS on the E-M5 at shorter shutter
speeds than 1/160 with v. long focal
lengths. And silent - really; only the view blackout confirms a shot was taken.

GX7 might be my choice, too. I'll know before summer. ;-)

> but it is cheaper & sometimes bundled with the 20/1.9.

Confusion alert - he means 20/1.7. Don't Google this new lens. :-)