[OM] What would you buy?

Subject: [OM] What would you buy?
From: Brian Gray <bsg017@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 12:22:03 +0000
   My many trips to Italy have mainly used my OM2SP with, 24mm/f2.8;
   50mm/f1.4 and 85mm/f2 and I would now happily take my OMD-EM5 with
   12-50mm lens.  One point to bear in mind is that very heavy rain storms
   are not unknown in Italy - I remember one particular thunderstorm when
   visiting Siena and having to find shelter in order to change a film
   (and everyone else in the main square was trying to get out of the rain
   too).  Flash is not always welcome in churches and museums so the low
   light level capability of the EM5 would have been useful on past
   trips.  Also, light levels can be very intense so I would expect
   reliance on a back panel display for framing scenes to be unwise - I
   have memories of being virtually unable to see a smartphone/cellphone
   screen when trying to text from the summit of Mt. Vesuvius at mid-day
   but not having problems photographing with the OM2SP, and I would
   expect the EM5 to be OK in those circumstances.
   Enjoy the trip (they tend to be advertised as tours, not as holidays,
   as one of our guides pointed out!).
   Brian Gray