Re: [OM] (Extremely OT) Downton Abby

Subject: Re: [OM] (Extremely OT) Downton Abby
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 10:39:42 -0500
On Jan 9, 2014, at 2:22 AM, Chris Barker wrote:

> Now Doc Martin: in addition to the lovely Caroline Catz, it's an enjoyable
> romp through a mostly-plausible seaside town's affairs.

We found it on Netflix, and became immediately hooked. Watched the two prequel
movies, and then started in on the series. Unfortunately, Netflix doesn't have
Season 1 available, so we're currently on Season 2, trying to extrapolate
Season 1. Just got a catalogue where we can get the Season 1 DVD for 9.99. It's
a done deal.

I never really understood the concept of a tailored suit until I started
watching Doc Martin. His suits look profoundly uncomfortable, but they sure are
sharp! Me, tailoring just doesn't take. I'm a living edition of the Peanuts
character Pigpen. You could put me in one of the Doc's suits and within 15
minutes I'd look like Old Man Large, the plumber. <g>

And yes, Caroline Catz is rapidly working her way up my list of celebrity
crushes.

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal