[OM] What would you buy?

Subject: [OM] What would you buy?
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 19:40:40 -0500 (EST)
If you really want tiny tiny, what has not been mentioned is the GM-1.
No EVF but same IQ as Gx7. No shutter shock with EFC used either. No
super duper IBIS like the Oly and need to use Panny lenses if want OIS.
Kit lens has reasonably good MTF but very slow of course. 12-32mm.
Moose has the
tiny 14-42 PZ that is also small and good---bad rap as shutter shock
(SS) on other Panny bodies led to lousy images. That lens is very
sensitive to SS.
I have seen results of it used with auto ext tube for macro with nice
results. (Mr. Moose)

http://j.mp/1fHATvo

Move the hand over to get a better idea.

E-M1- can use PDAF and serve as another E-thingie body after put away
the tiny zoom(s) for travel. I worry about SS with it though, as
shutter is less quiet than OM-D but can use anti-shock mode withthe
price of 1/8 sec delay. If EM-1 had EFC I would already have one. :-(

I consider the A7(R) issue a totally separate decision as there is no
real compact AF solution and one has to cover the FF sensor so it may
not happen.
The kit lens doesn't look that hot to me either. It is the only game in
town with nice EVF to mount OMZ lenses though. If the A7R had EFC I
would already have one.

http://admiringlight.com/blog/sony-a7-vs-fujifilm-x-e2-raw-noise-performance/

Problem is Fuji cam ISO isn't real ISO--likely more like 1000 on fuji
is 1600 on sony.

http://aboutphotography-tomgrill.blogspot.ca/2014/01/an-unfair-comparison-fuji-x-e2-vs-sony.html

Well the sony kit lens is no great shakes--so? Still the Fuji has very
very very nice ergonomics and he lenses have great rendering
defying some of the absolute resolution for some of them. I still quite
can't get over the foliage issue when pixel peeping--perhaps that habit
is a curse.
All this be said I have yet to go on a trip overseas without even a
small OM kit equipped with eyecups from BB no less. Thanks, Bill.

Mike