Re: [OM] (Extremely OT) Downton Abby

Subject: Re: [OM] (Extremely OT) Downton Abby
From: Peter Klein <pklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 18:35:49 -0800
Another +1 for "Foyle's War."

"Downton" is rather soapy, but for some reason we have gotten to like
the characters. I guess it appeals to the inner aristocrat wannabe in
many of us. But it is odd how every single bit of history seems to
happen directly to that family.

One of the things I appreciate most about British dramas is that the
craft of acting is so well practiced there.

--Peter

 > Normally, I wouldn't mention this here, but, as I recall, it was
central to a
 > thread not so long ago.
 >
 > At any rate, Esteemed Wife and I watched less than an hour of the
first episode
 > of the new season of Downton Abby a few nights ago, then, by mutual
consent,
 > hit the delete button. In our most humble opinions, Downton has
jumped the
 > shark.
 >
 > We must now satisfy our Brit TV needs catching up with six seasons of
Doc