Re: [OM] What would you buy?

Subject: Re: [OM] What would you buy?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 22:31:02 -0600
> Bill:  Rick Steve advises people to travel very light, as in 'two pairs
> of underwear and wash them in the hotel sink.' And you'll be on the move
> a lot. Given that, small and light is paramount.  Italy has a much
> closer standard of personal space than the U.S., so you will be using
> normal and wide more often than tele.  You also want good IQ, as this is
> the trip of a lifetime.

Just rethinking this a little bit. Why not get the new Sony RX10
"bridge camera"? 24-200mm equivalent F2.8.

The sensor is just a hair smaller than the 4/3 sensor. The entire
camera is pretty much a total updated knockoff of my 10 year old
Minolta A1.

Given the listed requirements, it's right near the top of my list.
That, and a Fujifilm X100 would be a great little kit.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx