Re: [OM] New Yorker article--Goodbye, Cameras

Subject: Re: [OM] New Yorker article--Goodbye, Cameras
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 14:07:28 -0600
On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 4:13 PM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Have you tried using a hammer and duct tape?
>
> No, not yet. I'm still wanting to repurpose a m43 or DSLR by grafting
> the contents to the back of an OM. I've done enough preliminary
> engineering work on this to know that it can be done with an OM body,
> provided the internals of the digital camera can be moved around
> enough. Yes, protototype will be gaffer taped.
>
> I'm only needing an old beat up digital camera to sacrifice. A
> mirrorless model, such as a low-end m43 body would be the easiest to
> work with.

I have managed to get this to work.  My one modification over Ag's specs is
to eliminate the OM-3Ti (or in my case an OM-1N) by grafting a Canaan 5D
directly to the lens via an adapter.  It saved me the trouble of destroying
a digital camera and getting duct tape stickies all over my OM camera.  I
realize it is not as satisfactory as what Ken has in mind, but it has a
predictable outcome and allows me to take pretty decent photos.

Joel (just trying to be helpful) W.