[OM] What would you buy?

Subject: [OM] What would you buy?
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 18:14:32 -0500 (EST)
AG writes:
>>Just rethinking this a little bit. Why not get the new Sony RX10
>>"bridge camera"? 24-200mm equivalent F2.8.

AG has a point that one can't get wide range/fast/small w/o a fixed
lens--still I'd personally be hard pressed to spend that much on
a fixed lens solution with all the other ILC's out there. No law says
you can't easily carry two or three MFT lenses that can be small/light.
If you want one lens it will be slow though, such as the 14-150 Oly or
Panny 14-140 F4-5.8. The latter might be smidge better thanthe Oly and
Moose never minded the former that much. I have seen a few good sized
prints wit the Oly and they were fine. The Panny has a fair amount of
lat CA but on a Panny body the fix is
automatic baked into the raw files. The Panny version has OIS which
would be helpful on a GM-1 that otherwise would have no IS. The Gx-7
has modest IBIS but not the impressive 5 way of the EM-1.

http://www.photozone.de/olympus--four-thirds-lens-tests/682-pana14140

I looked into more reports of Shutter shock (SS) with the EM-1 and
indeed the correlation with louder shutter and more SS holds, so EM-1>
OM-D with SS. If 1/8 sec anit-shock mode  fixes all of it in all
situations I don't know. I have yet to see a rigorous analysis of
comparative SS on EM-1/OM-D such as MTF at various shutter speeds form
the different cams using samelens. My tentative conclusion is from
written impressions of owners of both cams but I suspect it is correct.

Wonder what is on Bill's short list?
Mike