Re: [OM] What would you buy?

Subject: Re: [OM] What would you buy?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 21:04:36 -0800
On 1/9/2014 9:13 PM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
> I got curious and took a look at his web site. I cannot imagine why anybody
> would pay good money for a tour like this.

Rick Steves is quite famous in the US. His video trips to what seem to be all
corners of Europe, including secrets
others don't know, were (are?) a popular staple on PBS. His breezy, down to
earth style, apparent knowledge of
everything and friendship with the proprietors of the best reasonably priced
shops and restaurants seem pretty compelling.

If one wants a knowledgeable guide on a trip designed to see a great deal of
the best of any area in a short period of
time, he would appear to be a good choice.

> But I guess my perspective is different...

As is mine. I much prefer to wander on my own. What I've discovered in the US
is that there are apparently endless
wonderful things to see and experience away from the crowds at the 'must see'
spots.

OTOH, my mother took one of those "If it's Tuesday, I don't know where we are."
bus tours of a fair bit of Europe, and
enjoyed it immensely. Perhaps it was traveling with an equally elderly friend,
and not acting as Sherpa for Dad's camera
equipment.Whatever, it was a great last adventure for her.

Loose Itinerary Moose