Re: [OM] what does my eye spy...

Subject: Re: [OM] what does my eye spy...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 15:36:49 -0800
On 1/11/2014 2:39 PM, Frank Wijsmuller wrote:
> Maybe a TOPE 'show your watch' is in order ;-)

How many shots do we each get?

Wearing my Russian Navigator* mechanical chronometer today, in honor of this
thread. As reportedly worn by the first
Cosmonauts.

My everyday watch is a $5 black plastic thing on a much more expensive black
steel Seiko link bracelet. Why? Small,
light, unobtrusive - and - keeps almost perfect time, creeping forward a few
seconds a month.

My slightly ugly Timex Expedition keeps even better time. I reset it twice a
year, when time changes, and its off a few
seconds. Great travel watch, as I can reset the analog  hands to local time,
while leaving the digital window at home
time. That way, I can change time zones without losing accuracy.

My more expensive watches keep poorer time than these.

Multi Ticker Moose

* At least that's what I've been told the Cyrillic letters spell out in Russian.