Re: [OM] Photorealism

Subject: Re: [OM] Photorealism
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 22:21:01 -0800
On 1/11/2014 3:45 PM, Tina Manley wrote:
> PESO:
>
> Maybe we should all sell our cameras and buy brushes:
>
> http://www.wired.com/rawfile/2013/11/photorealism/?viewall=true

Looking at them, I suspected that at least most were painted over some form of
photo. The explanation of the 'movement'
below says that's so.

There have been painters for centuries who specialized in what we would now
call photo realistic painting. There used to
be a painting on display in the DeYoung Museum in SF of a violin on a table. A
simple still life, except it was so
realistic I felt like I should be able to reach in and touch the violin.

Semi Real Moose