[OM] Specific question about What would you buy?

Subject: [OM] Specific question about What would you buy?
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 20:34:02 -0500 (EST)
> OK, two lens kit, $100 gift card to get more memory cards, well within
> budget.

>>The Schnozz doth approve.

Nex 7?  One can check off many  boxes such as EFC, nice EVF, relatively
compact,  wifi available on Nex 6.
Still the lenses are larger and quite expensive and the kit zoom rather
so-so.  The Zeiss 16-70/4 is available for about 1K
and has OSS but is about the same size as the F2.8 Oly MFT 12-40.  I
haven't seen any formal reviews  of the 16-70 (24-105mm FF equiv) nor
looked lately though the
performance only looked modestly better than the kit zoom but did have
some "Zeiss rendering" as judged by looking at a number of posted
examples.  I think the LCD is 16:9 so loose some real estate for stills
like the E-PL5 that I did not realize about the Oly until Moose pointed
it out.
Alt lensers on FM seem to do well with Nex with and w/o speedbooster
but with such a wide array of choices for MFT with tiny power zoom to
fast
very nicely designed faster zooms (should one want one) like the F2.8
Oly, as well as so many primes to choose from on sensors that perhaps
just the smallest smidge behind
the Nex APS-C, I was just never smitten.

Mike