Re: [OM] IMG: Palmetto Pour

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Palmetto Pour
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 10:45:24 -0500
Yes, this is the Palmetto state and the name of the restaurant is Palmetto
Seafood.  They have lots of palmetto trees outside decorated with lights
and surrounded by oyster shells.  The outdoor portion of the restaurant has
a floor of sand - just like being at the beach!

Tina

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 10:39 AM, Chuck Norcutt <
chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> South Carolina (where Tina lives) is called the "palmetto state" from
> the state tree, Sabal Palmetto. It's also the state tree of Florida.  In
> Florida they're usually called "cabbage palms" since the terminal bud at
> the top of the tree was often boiled and eaten like cabbage by indians
> and early settlers. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabal_palmetto>
> Unfortunately, it kills the tree.
>
> Chuck Norcutt
>

> On 1/13/2014 3:17 AM, Andrew Fildes wrote:
> > Like the colours.
> > Good wine is often found in catering box packs - I've had some excellent
> stuff. But chilled? Cool, not chilled!
> > Palmetto? You did say it was shrimp you were eating?
> >
> > Andrew Fildes
> > afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > www.soultheft.com
> >
> > Author/Publisher:
> > The SLR Compendium:
> > revised edition -
> > http://blur.by/19Hb8or
> > The TLR Compendium
> > http://blur.by/1eDpqN7
> >

> > On 13/01/2014, at 8:58 AM, Tina Manley wrote:
> >
> >> PESO:
> >>
> >> There is a seafood restaurant a couple of miles from our farm that has
> the
> >> most wonderful shrimp cocktail and I love to go there because when they
> >> give you a glass of wine, it's a full glass!!  None of that 4 oz stuff.
> >> The only problems is that the Merlot comes from a box that they keep in
> >> the refrigerator.  Goes well with the shrimp, though!
> >>
> >> http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/154111794
> >>
> >> C&C greatly appreciated.
> >
> --

Tina Manley